Please note: Each game has different entry fees. Please scroll down and review them before registering.
It’s finally back! Burnaby’s biggest annual gaming tournament, SFU eSports is proud to announce that C-LAN will be returning to SFU’s Burnaby Mountain campus on January 14th and 15th, 2017. The event is open to the public!
If you think you have what it takes, prove yourself against the best of the best across multiple titles including: League of Legends, Overwatch, CS:GO, Hearthstone, Melee, Smash 4 and Dota 2. The event will be held at SFU’s Burnaby Mountain Campus at CSIL computer labs from 10:00am – 6:00pm on both days.
For team games, both free agent and team entries are welcome! Free agents will be matched up with a team one week ahead of time to find each other and practice!
Entrance fees and player caps
League of Legends: 16 teams (80 players), $15 per player
CS:GO: 16 teams (80 players), $10 per player
Dota 2: 8 teams (40 players), $10 per player
Overwatch: 8 teams (48 players). $10 per player
Hearthstone (Tavern Hero Qualifier): 32 players, $10 per player
Smash 4: 100 players, $5 per player
Smash Melee: 100 players, $5 per player
League of Legends, CS:GO, Dota 2: 60% / 30% / 10%
Hearthstone: 50% / 30% / 10% / 10%
Overwatch: 40% / 30% / 20% / 10%
45% / 25 % / 15% / 10% / 5% if 40 or more players (5th place tie breaker)
45% /30% / 15% / 10% if 20-39 players
45% / 35% / 20% if less than 20
Prize pools consist of 100% of the entrance fees + any outside contributions from sponsors and donors.
- Tournament Structure: Varies by game, generally Round Robin into playoff format.
- Lateness Policy: Up to admin’s discretion. Teams should always be on-site during the designated play periods. If any players leave when required to play during a designated play period, they will be notified and have 15 minutes to be present and ready to play. If said team/player fails to become ready to play within 15 minutes of notified, they will forfeit the game.
- Substitution Policy: One substitute player will be allowed per team. A maximum of 5 prizes will be paid out per team, and as a result substitutes are only allowed in full pre-made teams.
- Captains will report their team’s score.
- Remember that all SFU lab rules must be followed including no food or drink at the computers.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries!